Wednesday 1 July 2015

Mandalas for Marinke



I've been cooped up at home for the past 3 days due to pretty bad case of food poisoning (Ah BBQ season, how I love you) I have been mopping around, being very cranky ( my partner will be the first one to agree) and generally feeling very sorry for myself. The only good thing about being forced to be at home is that I had plenty of time to catch up on all my crochet and knit news within the craft community, which I don't have time to do as often as I would like.

One of the news that I found out this week has impacted me deeply and put everything in prospective. The amazingly talented Marinke (aka Wink) from A Creative Being has sadly lost her battle with depression. It's just heartwrenching and my thoughts are with her family and friends. When I read Marinke's last blog entry I hoped with all my heat that she will be ok, but reading her sister's heart breaking message this week it was clear it wasn't so.

The crochet community has lost one of the most talented and inspiring people. She will be deeply missed. I have discovered her blog about a year ago when I came across one of her amazing mandalas, she had an amazing eye for colour which her mandalas showed off incredibly and her book Boho Crochet is truly inspirational.

The lovely Kathryn at Crochet Concupiscence Has started a fantastic project in memory of Marinke to celebrate her life, creativity and to raise awareness about depression. To contribute; crochet one or more mandalas using patterns by Marinke, write a short message why you want to contribute and post it to Kathryn. All of the crochet projects will be curated into an art show in San Francisco. Don't forget to share your creations on social media with the hashtags: #MandalasForMarinke #MandalasForWink please go to Kathryn's blog for more details and address where to post your contribution.

Here's my mandala for Marinke. It's very colourful as I wanted it to represent her, her creativity and of course raise awareness about depression.



Please all grab your hooks and yarn and let's all make a mandala for Marinke.

Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment